Post Modern Mix Media Phase Two


The following work of art I did centers around a picture portraying images of technology. I chose to put together different pictures of technology that most people could identify and easily pick out. The picture goes along with the quote I chose from phase one of this project, "We live in a world where there is more and more information, and less and less meaning." (Jean Baudrillard) The following quote stuck out to me because it is true, we do depend so much on technology and information now has little meaning because we don't have to remember it we can just look it up on the internet. The denotative aspect of my art piece is that the viewer is looking at somewhat dark, giant clouds of blues, dark blues, purple's, dark pink and black. I chose this color scheme of analogous because the picture in the center has similar colors and I wanted the viewer to look at the picture as if the colors were swirling out of my technology picture.

The Connotative aspect of the image is dark, and makes the eyes go in circles looking at all the different colors seemingly going into one another. The mood of the image is somewhat depressing because it is to represent how technology has taken over our lives and how dependent we are on it, that is why I used mostly dark colors. The ideological meaning of the image relates to society in the same aspect of the connotative meaning that the colors used are mostly dark to represent how information has less and less meaning and society is dependent on technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firewall- Event Presentation 1

Tufte - Escaping Flatland

The Whole Ball of Wax