Postmodernism Introduction Reading




After reading the Postmodernism article, I was confused because I did not first understand what the article was about, I knew it had to deal with postmodernism artists but I felt like I had to re read it in order to truly understand in what I thought the article meant. After re reading the article five times I came to the conclusion and found postmodernism to be very interesting and how it compared postmodern artists to explorers. I found this to be interesting because postmodern artists are trying to create what they see around them and what is new and changing and what is in and what is out. They are creating new symbols, and messages in order to keep up with the changing times and which best represents reflects the surroundings around them and what people want to see or here. 

But I questioned should artists keep up with the postmodern world and not create the past in order for others to view past history and instead create new history? Should postmodernists artists keep up with the conditions that surrounds them in order for people to appreciate and connect better towards one work of art?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firewall- Event Presentation 1

Tufte - Escaping Flatland

The Whole Ball of Wax