Tufte - Escaping Flatland



Ever since I started to appreciate art and fell in love with it, what annoyed me though was how to read more dimensions in my drawings and paintings. I love creating images but it always frustrated me on how to make my designs more appealing and draw the viewer in. As I grew older and learned more techniques on how to create an image with more dimensions my frustrations slowly started to disappear because now I could truly appreciate the hard work that goes into making a picture. Drawing on a two dimensional flatland is hard and it not easy to turn it into a three dimensional piece. Detail, percision and accuracy are just some of the ways into making sure a three dimensional image is created. What I found to be interesting from reading the article is that a three dimensional image can be so different from the actual image. Not every detail can always be attained when working on a two dimensional flatland and limited space. Many techniques have been used throughput time to create three dimensional images through different artists with more and more trying to improve on the technique and make images more real and seem as if the image is popping out of the canvas. Three dimensional is still an aspect of art that keeps improving and artists wanting to do more and create and improve on better techniques to make it life like for the viewers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firewall- Event Presentation 1

The Whole Ball of Wax