In the first picture the white bracelet becomes more of a grey tint against the white folder. In the second picture the white headphones also have a hint of grey as well as parts of the folder have hint of grey and bluish tones.
After reading the Postmodernism article, I was confused because I did not first understand what the article was about, I knew it had to deal with postmodernism artists but I felt like I had to re read it in order to truly understand in what I thought the article meant. After re reading the article five times I came to the conclusion and found postmodernism to be very interesting and how it compared postmodern artists to explorers. I found this to be interesting because postmodern artists are trying to create what they see around them and what is new and changing and what is in and what is out. They are creating new symbols, and messages in order to keep up with the changing times and which best represents reflects the surroundings around them and what people want to see or here. But I questioned should artists keep up with the postmodern world and not create the past in order for others to view past history and instead create new history? Should postmo...
The following work of art I did centers around a picture portraying images of technology. I chose to put together different pictures of technology that most people could identify and easily pick out. The picture goes along with the quote I chose from phase one of this project, "We live in a world where there is more and more information, and less and less meaning." (Jean Baudrillard) The following quote stuck out to me because it is true, we do depend so much on technology and information now has little meaning because we don't have to remember it we can just look it up on the internet. The denotative aspect of my art piece is that the viewer is looking at somewhat dark, giant clouds of blues, dark blues, purple's, dark pink and black. I chose this color scheme of analogous because the picture in the center has similar colors and I wanted the viewer to look at the picture as if the colors were swirling out of my technology picture. The Connotative aspect of the ima...
Comments
Post a Comment